Most of the people have installed Kodi on Smart TV. Now it is time to install on Kodi Chromecast. With this you can stream your favorite movies, shows, sports at home. For this, you need to follow few steps of downloading and installing Kodi on Google Chrome Cast. This article will help you to get the complete process of installation of Kodi on Chrome cast.
Table of Contents
Install Kodi Chromecast
Kodi is one of the best streaming apps for media provided by HTPC setup. You can entertain yourself with movies, Television shows, music and more. This is the app where you can use it for TVs, phones, laptops, etc. You can install this Kodi for your Android mobiles so that you can stream your favorite shows. With this Kodi, You can get the various services like Netflix, youtube, and other services like content from torrent websites.
Before going to learn how to download and install, learn what is Google Chromecast?
What is Google ChromeCast?
Google Chromecast is one of the best streaming devices from Google. You can plug this Chrome cast in HDMI port of your TV. You can plug this chromecast to your iPhone, ipad, laptop, TV, etc to watch your favorite shows, to enjoy the music, videos, movies, etc. If you connect your Chromecast, you can use your phone as a remote for your TV. Moreover, you can directly download the Youtube videos with this Google Chromecast. So to enjoy the extreme services of chromecast and Chromecast Ultra, learn the process of installing Kodi on Google Chromecast.
How to stream Kodi/XBMC to Google ChromeCast?
As we have discussed in the previous articles, Kodi is one of the best streaming apps. With this, you can watch many shows at home having a theater experience. So in this article we are going to introduce Kodi on Chromecast. Not only for Television, you can also use this XBMC Google Chromecast for your Phone and Tablet. If you love to watch videos on Kodi on Smart TV then you will definitely love Chromecast as a path for your favorite shows.
There are various ways to install Kodi on Chromecast. Here we have provided some methods to install Kodi on Google Chromecast.
Install Kodi on Chrome cast using ES Explorer
To stream Kodi to Chromecast, we need to have ES Explorer. Here we have provided the complete steps installing Kodi on Chromecast using ES Explorer. You can use this method for your Smart TV, Phone, tablet, etc.
- Firstly, download and install the ES Explorer on your Kodi device.
- Next, download Local cast for Google Chromecast/ Digital Living Network Alliance application on your Android Kodi Client.
- Once you have completed the Kodi Client, go to the ES Explorer.
- Open the ES Explorer and go to the menu of it.
- Now go the settings and enable hidden files.
- Now, download the playerfactorycore.xml file.
- Copy the file you have downloaded.
- Go to Android->Data-> org.xbmc.kodi->files -> kodi->userdata and paste the file.
- Google Chromecast has installed on your Kodi device if you have done the process correctly.
- Now you can navigate to your favorite video and watch on your TV.
- Once you play the video, local cast will automatically start with the Kodi details.
- Just choose your Google Chrome cast app on your Kodi device and enjoy the Kodi streaming with Google Chromecast.
Install Kodi to Chromecast using Google Chromecast app on your Android Phone
It is one of the fastest way to stream Kodi Chromecast. You just need to follow few steps to have Kodi Chromecast on your Android mobile. Though this is a fastest way to get Kodi on Chromecast, it has few drawbacks. The picture quality and audio is that good as your TV. But if you want to stream videos on your Android mobile using Kodi, you can opt this method. Here we have provided the steps of installing Kodi Chromecast on Android mobile. So follow these steps and get Kodi on your mobile.
- Firstly, go to the play store and install Chromecast on your android mobile.
- Now open the Chromecast app.
- Open hamburger menu on the top and click Cast screen/ audio.
- It will search for the Chromecast app on your device.
- Now select the chromecast device.
- Open the Kodi and stream the video you want.
While you are playing videos on Chromecast, you cannot lock your phone or you cannot take any calls. You cannot do anything with your android device, if you are streaming Kodi Chromecast on your mobile.
How to Kodi Chromecast on your PC?
To install Kodi Chromecast on your PC, you need to have Chromecast extension on your Windows, MAC. In this, you can mirror your entire PC screen to your TV. So let’s find out the steps to complete the process.
- Download and install Kodi Client on your PC.
- Make sure that you will install Chromecast extension along with the Google Chrome.
- Start the Chromecast extension.
- After that, connect your Google Chromecast to your PC.
- Once you open the Chromecast, you will see a option named “Cast to Tab”.
- It contains a drop down menu click on it and select the option “Cast screen/window (experimental).”
- Now you will get a option to share your screen having different option.
- Select “Entire Screen” option.
- Click on share.
- Now open the Kodi and stream the videos you want to play.
As you have done with the Android, you cannot turn off your PC or you cannot lock your Windows/ MAC. So this is not the preferable method to stream Kodi on Chromecast. Just follow the above method and get Kodi on big Screen. The Kodi Chromecast gives entertainment for your complete family.
These are all the tips to install Kodi on Chromecast. We hope these methods will help you to get the clear idea about streaming Kodi Chromecast for TV, Android, or PC. You can also install Kodi Add-ons for your Kodi as Kodi is based on Add-on Eco-system.